Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Smurfies

Now, in case you're thinking this is going to be a post about cute, little blue, cartoon characters, let me just tell you how wrong you are!

This morning Dylan woke up and wanted Smurfies. Wha??

I asked again, "What do you want?"

And again she responded, "Smurfies."

I think this line of questioning repeated several times, and each time I would try to guess what it was she was asking for, and each time she would draw the word out a little bit longer hoping I would understand. By the end I believe she was saying, "No, mom, Smuuuurrrrfieeees."

That didn't help.

Eventually we got Isaac up and changed and it was time for breakfast. Again, Dylan wanted "Smurfies."

I finally got smart and asked her to show me. She got into the fridge and pulled out the strawberries, bananas, yogurt and orange juice.

The light finally went on.

My daughter wanted a Smoothie!

4 comments:

Bryn said...

I saw this post this morning and our Inetrnet was being lame and disconnected when I was trying to save. What I was wanting to say was at least Dylan is on the right track with breakfast food. Whenever I ask Dax what he wants for breakfast he says hot dogs!! I love that she calls it smurfies!

Just Kat said...

How cute! It's weird how they develop their own words and expect us to know what they mean. Who knows... it could've been in her alphabet book? :)

MomSmoo said...

Ha ha ha, your pregnancy craving is coming back around now!! Smart girl.

Jamie C. said...

Tell Dylan we love smurfies over here as well. I love that I can hear her voice in my head now. What a sweetie pie.