One fell off and...
Can't tell?
Take a closer look.
Yup. As I was putting Isaac's laundry away I looked out his doorway into Dylan's room. Both the kids were standing on her bed and Dylan was bouncing up and down. As I was telling her to sit on her bottom, she suddenly fell out of my view and onto the floor. What are the chances??
She was crying and my immediate thought was her teeth. Of course I had her open her mouth to check them out and there was a little bit of blood on the gum of one of her upper teeth. I had her open her mouth again so I could see if any were loose and she was fine. (Remember, it was almost one year ago exactly that she knocked her front teeth loose. I think I'll just start having her play ice hockey now.)
I asked her if she was hurt and that's when she pointed to her cheek and this is what I saw. I figured if that was the worst of it, we were going to be okay. Isaac of course thought it was so much fun and every time I pulled him off the bed he laughed and climbed right back up.
Here's to hoping this little accident with the bookshelf was a good lesson on why we don't jump on the bed and Dylan won't try it again. At least it happened the first time she tried jumping so hopefully she'll think that happens every time you jump.
And by the way, I'd be happy if I could have Isaac ONLY climb up on the bed. This week my little boy has turned into a monkey in more ways than one. So far I've pulled him off the ping pong table, the kitchen table, the toy box, the top of the (not so sturdy) play kitchen, the couch, the bed, and the bathroom counter. I think it's safe to say, I now have a real boy, and I'm in trouble.
And it's only just beginning.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh...first off, your daughter has the most stunning blue eyes I have seen in a long time...and second....now she matches her cousin Kobi's eye!!!!
I love reading your blog. I hope you don't mind I stop by and write to you sometimes!!!
She does match Kobi's eye, but from a different reason, but at least it wasn't a broken arm. We had that about 3 weeks ago when Kruz's friend was over.
I'm glad it wasn't too bad. But hopefully bad enough that she won't be doing that anymore.
Post a Comment