We have been having a problem with both of our kids lately. One that neither Todd nor I can find a solution for.
Dylan and Isaac are transfixed with Michael's dog food.
If Isaac is left unattended and free to roam around upstairs, he beelines it for his room...and goes straight to Michael's food. He loves to dig in with his hands and stuff as many pellets of food in his mouth as he can. We have no idea if he actually chews and swallows the food, but we have pulled out as many as seven pellets from his mouth.
Our solution: shut the bedroom door. This will work for awhile longer. Until Isaac learns how to open doors. And reach them.
And then there's Dylan.
Dylan went through the same stage Isaac is currently going through, but luckily she grew out of it. (That's why we know how to prevent Isaac from eating Michael's food.)
Recently Dylan has wanted to feed Michael. Whenever she sees Michael's bowl empty, she grabs his cup and wants to get him more food. For me that's great. I often tend to forget to feed him. I know, bad dog owner!
There have also been some occasions lately where all is quiet. Too quiet. Isaac is with me and Dylan is nowhere to be found. I assume she's playing in her room. You know what they say about assuming...
I often go down the hall to check on her and find her taking each of Michael's food pellets and putting them in the wall. That sounds strange I'm sure, but let me tell you what I mean.
Michael has a doggie door. It's cut into the wall with a magnet plastic door on the inside of the room, and another leading out to the house. That means there is about a 6-inch area between the two flaps where Michael walks over to get in or out. Dylan likes to push open the inside flap and put Michael's food between the two. And in case you're curious, Michael doesn't like to eat his food where Dylan leaves it for him.
I think we've outgrown that stage. At least, I haven't noticed any food in the wall lately. That's a good thing. But this is apparently the next stage.
Yup. Dylan now takes Michael's dog food and pours it into Michael's water. And Dylan gets put into time out. She's none too pleased as you can see.
Oh the joys of having two kids and a dog.

1 comment:
Oh poor thing! She is so upset!! I'm sure she is so confused at why she is in trouble when she's just trying to help the dog out! And by the way, why don't I get this reaction when I put my kid in time out? I can't figure out a way to punish him when he is bad!!
Post a Comment