Saturday, June 5, 2010

I didnt want to...

A few weeks late on this one but a funny line by Dylan...

A few weeks ago Dylan had to test to see if she could enter kindergarden a month early or be forced to wait 11 months. I think the testing was more stressful on her parents as the conversation as she came out of the testing center went something like this.

Mom: Hi Dylan. How did you do?

Dylan: Good.

Mom: Did you answer all of the questions?

Dylan: Yep, I knew everything.

We later found out the teacher asked Dylan how high she could count. Dylan apparently answered 40. This was a little surprise because Dylan and Nicole have worked on counting and Dylan can count up to 100. We asked Dylan why she only told the teacher she could count to 40. Dylan in all seriousness answered, "Mom, I didn't want her (the teacher) to know I could count that high."

Now Dylan is either embarrassed or acting like a pool shark and setting up the teacher. It makes me think she is doing the same thing to her parents!

1 comment:

Eric and Hayley said...

That is so funny! That tells you how smart she really is that she understands the concept of not showing off. She must have a good mom :)