Sunday, December 27, 2009

When you grow up...

Each night after family prayers the kids run into their rooms and I get about 30 seconds with them individually to say goodnight, love you, etc. For some reason I asked Dylan what she wanted to be when she grew up. By this time Nicole had quietly joined me. Dylan was a bit puzzled and said, "I don't know." Nicole and I offered different choices including doctor, scientist, pilot, teacher, policeman and even fireman. Dylan finally said, "I want to be a mommy when I grow up just like mommy." The conversation continued for a few minutes making Nicole and I even more proud of her. Nicole stayed in her room while I slipped into Isaac's room.

After having a very enlightening conversation with Dylan about what she wanted to be when she grew up for some reason I had thoughts Isaac might surprise me. "What do you want to be when you grow up Isaac?" Isaac thought about it for a second and proudly answered, "A pirate!" After laughs from dad Isaac continued, "Or Buzz Lightyear! Or Woody!" He got more excited after each answer as if honestly believing it was a possibility and thinking how much fun it would be to be Buzz Lightyear. Maybe we can get free passes to Disneyland I thought as he apparently is going to be a cartoon animator for Disney. :)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

way to reach for the stars kid! Don't ever let anyone tell you can't do it. :)

seven thirty three said...

Nicole - I just wanted to respond to your questions about my outting bags on 733blog.blogspot.com. I made the mats on the computer via Adobe Illustrator (which most people don't have).

I have been thinking about making customized mats available as a printable pdf through my Etsy shop, if you're interested, let me know. You could print them at home if you have a printer that can print 11x17 or they could be printed at Staples, Kinkos and the like.

seven thirty three said...

Nicole - Send me your email and we can discuss the mats - 733blog (at) gmail.com. I can definitely add them to the shop at anytime if you like the ones that are already designed.