Todd's brother had built a huge bookshelf for his own daughter a few years ago that was shaped like a house. You know, those huge ones Pottery Barn Kids was selling for a small fortune? Well, he had built one and his girls had loved it. A few months ago he sent Todd an e-mail asking if we were interested in taking it off their hands. I quickly jumped at the chance as I knew I wanted to get Dylan a dollhouse for her birthday this year. This was going to be perfect. It was huge, it was well built and it was free!!! Dylan had seen this bookshelf in our garage for months, and it was always called a bookshelf. Never a dollhouse. She took it at that and never thought twice about it.
I started on a search for the perfect doll furniture and was having a tough time. Because this thing was almost 6ft tall at the peak, I knew the furniture needed to be large. Finally I was able to find what I was looking for and spread the word to family and a few friends to offer ideas for the perfect gift. I couldn't have planned it all any better.
Todd and my brother-in-law brought in the dollhouse and set it behind Dylan as she opened her presents. As she opened a new set of furniture, we had her put the box on one of the shelves behind her. When she was done, I had her come stand next to me so she could see all the furniture in each "room" of the house. It took her awhile, and some help, but eventually she realized that this bookshelf was really a huge dollhouse. And she loved it. The furniture was opened immediately and she and Isaac set out to create the perfect rooms. Not only that though, she also got her very first Barbie doll and it was the perfect size doll for the house and the furniture. She loved it!
1 comment:
THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!
Post a Comment