Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trigonometry

I know we've posted a bit about Dylan lately, but I want to make sure I write down the funny things she says. I'll make sure to post some about Isaac in the near future too.

Monday Todd and I were running errands and the kids were with us. We were driving through an intersection when I heard Dylan exclaim, "Look, a waterfall." She didn't say it very loud and actually the word waterfall kind of trailed off into silence. Todd quickly responded with, "Yes, it's a waterfall."

And this is how the conversation continued:

D: "It's not a waterfall, it's a fountain."

T: "Oh, sorry."

D: "Daddy, waterfalls come from rocks."

T: "Sorry." (I'm also quietly laughing and thinking our three year old just showed him.)

Todd also must have been feeling the same way because he followed up his apology with, "I'll make sure to come to you when I need help with trigonometry too." He was obviously feeling a little put out.

Dylan, not knowing about sarcasm, just sweetly said, "I'll help you with waterfalls and fountains daddy, don't worry."

To which Todd just shook his head and said thank you. What else can you do?

2 comments:

Bryn said...

I love how big our kids are getting and all the things they are learning and "teaching" us about! Have a great trip if I don't talk to you before Saturday!!

Jamie C. said...

So cute she tells him not to worry...like it's very confusing to be Todd and not know the difference between waterfalls and fountains. Such compassion for a 3year old!