I'm constantly told that I don't post much about Isaac. I guess I don't realize it much because Dylan seems to be the one to say and do the funny things...until recently. Isaac has begun to talk a lot more in recent weeks. He just has the cutest voice and has so much to say. He is such a happy, friendly little guy too. I'm always amazed at how easily he can talk to anyone. Granted, usually it's just hello and goodbye, but he offers his smile and wave to everyone he comes in contact with. I wrote earlier about taking the kids to see Santa and how easy it was to get Isaac to sit on Santa's lap and smile. He's pretty much like this with everyone.
But I'm getting off topic. Back to Isaac and how he loves to talk and is starting to say so much more.
When I was still in High School, Santa brought all my sisters and I new slippers to wear during the winter. These weren't any ordinary slippers though, they had huge animal heads on them. My favorite animal is a gorilla, or a monkey, or an ape, or an orangutan or a baboon...you get the idea. I love them. Always have. Well, of course, my slippers were gorilla slippers. They were so warm and comfy.
I still have those slippers. I pull them out during the winter when our tile floors are cold. I also pull them out when I'm getting ready for church on Sunday. I like to put my slippers on to protect my nylons from getting runs in them as I walk around the house. I like to put my shoes on at the last possible minute, which usually means in the church parking lot.
Well, a couple of weeks ago was the first time that I put the slippers on. I don't think either of the kids have ever seen my slippers either (and yes, that makes these slippers over 10 years old). The kids were in the kitchen eating breakfast as I was getting ready for church and all of a sudden I hear Isaac come running down the hall. I was sitting on my bed when Isaac walked straight up to me, threw his hands out in front of him right at my slippers and yelled, "Freeze BoBos!"
I couldn't believe what he just said. My gorilla slippers reminded Isaac of the BoBo brothers from Diego. The BoBo brothers are the mischeivous little spider monkeys on the show. Whenever they come around, you are supposed to yell at them to freeze and stick out your arms like you want them to stop.
It was so funny to watch him react to my slippers, but even funnier that he could tell me exactly what he's supposed to say and do whenever the BoBo brothers come around. I can't wait to hear what comes out of his mouth next.
1 comment:
ha ha! love it!
Post a Comment