I've mentioned before (plenty of times) how I'm design challenged. Whether it's my clothes or my home, I'm completely incapable of making stylish decisions. I've also mentioned how my daughter has the same fashion issues. Fortunately, my kids do have some design potential.
Last week we gave the kids their swing set for Christmas. I came home from shopping the day after Christmas and Todd asked me to go outside to see what the kids had done to the inside. I was sure there was crayon or marker all over the walls of the clubhouse. I was wrong. I went to the doorway and this was what I found...
Not two days later was Dylan still begging to decorate her gingerbread house. We had started the assembly of our house on the 23rd as one of our 25 Days of Christmas activities. Too bad we started working on it too close to bedtime. We got the house constructed, but needed to give the icing time to harden before we added the decorations. Our house remained on our kitchen table for 4 days before we finally got around to adding the candy. Todd and I were sure the icing wasn't going to be usable, but we were wrong. We spent the morning adding candy decor to our little house.
Who would have guessed that my kids had style? They were able to completely decorate two homes in a week. I guess there's hope for our house yet.
1 comment:
I love the pictures inside, that is so cute. Hopefully they won't be sad when it rains and the pictures get wet. Have a good weekend.
Post a Comment