Unfortunately, it's not what you think.
Dylan didn't get to go to the salon, sit in a chair, freak out about what was about to happen and have some nice person cut her golden locks.
Instead, her dad took a pair of scissors to her head of hair and started hacking away.
Now, before any of you are shocked or appalled, I should mention that Todd's reasoning for a "snip, snip" were good.
Dylan likes to suck her thumb. For the last two years (Dylan learned to suck her thumb at Grandma and Pa's house in California two Thanksgiving's ago) whenever she was upset or tired, her thumb went in her mouth. And many of you know that when she sucks her thumb, it's always her right thumb. Just like her brother. (Or I should say Isaac is just like her, although with him, it's his left).
This may not seem odd to anyone, but here's the thing, whenever she is sucking her thumb her left hand is pulling at her hair. She doesn't really pull her hair, it's more like running her fingers through it and curling it with her hand. When her right thumb is in her mouth, her left hand is in her hair. Guaranteed.
So what does this have to do with Todd giving our daughter a bowl cut? (just kidding by the way) Todd was giving Dylan a bath as I was playing with Isaac when he mentioned that Dylan had a knot in her hair. I thought that was funny because I hadn't noticed it at all. When she got out of the bath she came and sat on the bed with me and lo and behold, there was a good-sized knot in her hair. And wouldn't you know it was where that left hand likes to rest.
I tried to get the knot out and it wouldn't budge. I grabbed a comb and couldn't get it to even diminish in size. Then I left Dylan on the bed as I went to grab the camera (I know, bad mommy!) and came back to find Dylan had gotten to comb stuck in her hair where the knot was.
After trying for a few minutes, I decided it would be easier to just cut it out. I was about to get the scissors when Todd felt that since he found the knot, he should get to cut it out. I figured if he was going to cut I should document the moment. I was a little worried about how much hair he would take off, but luckily he did a great job and cut as little as possible.
You couldn't even tell he cut anything, until you saw the knot of hair in his hand.


3 comments:
Those pictures are great! What a fun story to tell her when she's older! Nice work Todd, it looks flawless!
That is just the lead up to gum, paint, and her own scissors. =)
That is the best story! She will love hearing that when she gets older. I love the pictures!
Post a Comment