It took 4 years. I've had to wait 4 years. Four very long years. But boy was it worth it...almost.
On Monday Todd and I were taking the kids to Target to get their pictures taken and we left a few minutes earlier than normal hoping to get in to the studio a little bit early. Come to find out, it's a good thing we did.
We were driving down F*** and almost at the stop sign at H*** to turn right. I see a motorcycle officer driving the opposite direction on H***, but figured Todd had seen him also so I didn't say anything. The officer looked right at us as he drove past...and Todd rolled the stop sign! It was so obvious, and you should have seen how fast that cop made a U-turn! His lights went on and Todd drove a little further and turned into the next housing development.
This is what I've been waiting for. Todd has mentioned in the past that he would never get a ticket in the state of Arizona for any sort of law-breaking activity. I've been waiting for this very moment so I could test his statement.
The conversation went something like this:
Cop: "I'm Officer C from ******. Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Todd: "Yes sir, I didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign back there."
C: "That's right. Can I see your registration and insurance?" (Todd had already handed him his license.)
T: "Yes sir. *******"
C: "Man, why are you doing this to me?" (said with a smile and a short laugh) "Can I see your commission card?"
T: (*************) "Sorry about this. I'm probably gonna get more grief from my wife about this."
C: "The fine for running a stop sign in ****** is $250 and it's important to obey these laws especially with all the construction going on. I'm hoping that if I let you off with a warning you'll take it to heart, especially with that precious cargo you've got in the backseat." (what, I'm not precious cargo in the passenger seat?)
T: "Yes sir. Thank you."
And do you know what Todd said to me after we went on our way again..."Do you think I should roll this stop sign?" Then he says, "If I paid you the $250 (the cost of the ticket) would that be enough to keep you from telling people about it??" My response, "Not in this lifetime."
Four years! Four years waiting for Todd to get pulled over hoping he'd end up with a ticket. Four years! I guess I'll just keep waiting cause it's bound to happen. Although Todd did mention that it probably would...in about 10 years after he retires! I just wish I had my camera so we could take a picture at the scene of the crime, and maybe with Officer C from *****.
8 comments:
I am laughing out loud with a big smile on my face. That is great. He does know you are blogging this right?? I think we need to see a picture of him in uniform with this one.
Hey and by the way...isn't it his fault anyway that there are even cops on that street to begin with...some HOA meeting I remember hearing about???
I plead the 5th.
Ok, I love it. Did you happen to tell your Dad about this?? You know how he runs things into the ground!! He would never let him forget it!! If I remember right, when you were dating, wasn't he the one always telling you about your driving and what you should and shouldn't be doing?? What's good for the goose!!!
That is great! What a nice perk, does he get family members out of tickets too? Not me of course! Nic, you're crazy, take the $250! I say that now that I know! :) Super funny story!
That is so funny! I love that he has that advantage, but wuold you have been able to get away without a ticket if he wasn't with you?? I love having a cop in the family!
Oh my that is GREAT!!!!!
Perfect!
Post a Comment